When you place an order or otherwise interact with our website, you may be asked for certain information and/or you may submit personal data (for example your name, phone number, postal address, email address, contact and credit card details). Products you are interested in and purchase as well as customer traffic patterns and site use may also be recorded.
Some examples of how information may be collected:
- Information you provide:
Information that you submit when using our website or that you provide us in any other way (for example by email or telephone) is received and stored. This information may be provided when placing an order (via website or by phone); searching the website; entering competitions; accessing your account; querying order status; or by submitting text/photo/video reviews of Fluff of My Life’s products and service.
- Information automatically provided:
Certain information whenever you interact with the Fluff of My Life website is received, processed and stored. Like many websites, “cookies” are used (see below) and obtain certain information automatically when your Web browser accesses the Fluff of My Life website. Information automatically received includes the IP address that your computer uses to connect to the internet; your computer, browser, operating system and internet connection details; purchase history; clickstream/path analysis of your journey through our website; products you searched for.
- Email communications:
To help make email newsletter more useful and interesting for customers we attempt to receive a confirmation when you open and click on marketing emails (if your email software/service supports this option). If you no longer wish to receive email newsletters, please use the links provided in each newsletter to update your preferences.
- Information from 3rd parties:
Information about you may be received from other sources and added to our account information. For example we may update address information using data from third parties (including the Australia Post “Change of Address” File), which may be used to correct our records.
How This Information Is Used
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide services, such as when using your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services
By making an order and/or submitting your data to Fluff of My Life or Ikigai Creations you agree to this use.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Marketing Communications – Ikigai Creations
When ordering from Ikigai Creations, entering competitions or otherwise interacting with us we may give you the chance to subscribe to our email newsletter. We promise not to bombard you with emails – to make it worth your while we only get in touch when we truly have interesting news to share. If you no longer wish to receive email newsletters, please notify us using the links provided in each newsletter. We may also from time to time send you the Ikigai Creations Catalogue by post to the invoice address specified when placing your order. If you do not wish to receive further catalogues please let us know by email.
Marketing Communications – 3rd Party
Ikigai Creations will not pass your information on to third parties unless you give us your consent – either at the time of providing the information to us, or previously if we have already received consent from you. When you place an order with Ikigai Creations we may give you the choice for other reputable companies to contact you BY POST about future offers, events and new Products or related activities that you may find useful. If you no longer wish us to do this please contact us at any time.
If you reside in certain territories, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
* Complain. If you reside in Australia and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
Any personal information provided to or gathered by Fluff of My Life is controlled by Fluff of My Life, a registered business (ABN 46 442 016 637). If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com.